March 19, 2017
Present: Paul Jablon, David Cantieni, Susan Miller-King, Janet Tolg, Laura Baker
Filter and make things accessible and also timely.
Get a person on the ed. Committee to inform us.
We will send one page info sheets on each of the five issues.
We will send to ??? the legislative initiative for that moment.
With suggested wording to say. (when critical)
- Local control (met with Paul Mark et al) –
- Free higher education – FCCPR believes that access to high-quality, free higher education at state colleges and universities should be available to all Massachusetts residents. To that end, we support H.639, S.712, H.1434, S.669 and S.704. These acts address the issue of student debt, the need to invest in faculty/staff and campuses, and seek to protect immigrant students and their communities. ACTION: Call legislators now!
- Civics – League of Women Voters is working on that
- Eliminate High Stakes – MTA – March 26 Holyoke
* On Sunday, March 26 in Holyoke, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., MTA Holyoke Office, 55 Bobala Road. Organize to resist high-stakes testing – West. Click here to register.
- Free Early Childhood – support and expand Head Start –
Request from Labor Group – Overlap – talk about
Other information shared:
Sharing on March 26th – Paul will be spokesperson. Laura at MTA meeting
Next meeting April 30 1:30 Coop