To contact Bob, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bob Cooley has been a proud Franklin County resident for more than 40 years, and he and his wife Vera raised their family here.
He taught for 41 years at Northfield Mount Herman School and coached wrestling, football, cross country and lacrosse. For 20 of those years, he directed NMH school peer mediation program. During the summers, he taught for Upward Bound, a program that supports students from low-income families to succeed in their pre-college performance and ultimately in their higher education pursuits.
Bob is committed to academic excellence, safe schools and a healthy community. His vast knowledge and experience in K-12 education will be an asset to our school community.
Specifically Cooley supports the following:
- set high academic and social standards
- support the Greenfield Public Schools’ Strategic Plan
- mandate civics education to prepare our children to be active and informed citizens.
- Support the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Safe Schools Framework
- Empower students to be self-disciplined
- Fully implement the restorative justice program
- End high-stakes testing and support authentic assessment for students and meaningful evaluations of staff
- Oppose the charter schools and the financial drain on our community
- Collaborate with community partners and neighboring school committees.